Re: Fwd: Pepe Rodriguez Cuba kernel 3.2.0-24-generic-pae

Hi again Marv S and Miriam:

I'm glad to say that I finally got the modem installed.
I installed using $ sudo make install on base folder of extracted drivers
then just ran $ sudo dgcconfig as directed on installation process to finish install and got a Done! as I saw some days ago The difference here is that I was initially trying the installation on my laptop running ubuntu 12.04 x64 on a Virtual Machine with VMware. now I tested this on a Desktop with same ubuntu correctly installed and all was fine. I don't know why it's not working on VM but anyway, running it on normal installation is what I needed to finally migrate my work to Linux :) (finally!!!) Now I will try to connect and surf the web as a final test but with last try yesterday night I got it opening the port and listening to a port without phone line. I think it shouldn't have any trouble now on!

thanks A LOT for the time spent trying to help me!!! I hope I can pay it forward some day :)