Re: TP-LINK External Serial Modem

"Jacques Goldberg" <Jacques.Goldberg@xxxxxxx> escribió:

You are right.

I had not understood that you continue to use the modem associated with /dev/ttySL0

Please send me a copy of the file /etc/wvdial.conf which you use to connect using ttySL0
i have the 2 configuration in the same file wvdial.conf this is the configuration of the external modem tp-link

[Dialer Defaults]
Init2 = ATQ0 V1 E1 S0=0 &C1 &D2 +FCLASS=0
Modem Type = Analog Modem
Phone = 060110
ISDN = 0
Username = islanis@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Init1 = ATZ
Password = **************
Modem = /dev/ttyS0
Baud = 115200

the other configuration i dont have it here because ia am in the work right now

The command mv /etc/wvdial.conf myfile.txt makes a copy without changing the original file.

Please hide the password   as you had done before.

I will send you a file modified to use the TP-LINK modem and instructions how to use it .

I also need to know what you do to start the other modem before giving the command wvdial to use it, because there are several ways to do it.

Do you give a command slmodemd to start the driver just before you need to connect, or is the driver started automatically when you boot?

let see, to start the external modem , the tp-link i use

wvdial

to start the smartlink internal modem i use

wvdial interno

later i'll send yopu the entire file ok,,

and i conect only of that way, i dont use the way that are you saying