Re: 'martian' working, many thanks; now how to PPP on F13?

 On 09/12/2010 03:44 PM, Jonathan E. Brickman wrote:

| I might be motivated enough to make something simple and graphical. Anyone know a really simple toolkit? I do little programming these days, because I have come to | resist delving into arcana, but perhaps I can find a toolkit to make it easy enough to be worth the while.

A toolkit for what purpose?
Something simple and graphical to do what  wvdial does ?
Well, have you checked kppp (part of Kde), gnome-ppp (part of Gnome), possibly others? To my taste, yours can legitimately be different, their advantage is to look like Windows, their drawbac is to hide wvdial which anyway does the work behind the scene. The net result is to trade the effort of a few clicks agaist the effort to type wvdial, the former guarantees that if soemthing goes wrong you will never know exactly what, while the latter, wvdial, does exactly the opposite -- which is why we recommend using wvdial exclusively, at least until all problems have been debugged and fixed.

Example: we told you to have a line Carrier Check = no (plain English, says what it means) . Try to find how to achieve that (not to say to understand why its absence makes dial atempts fail...) with a Window-clone "GUI".

Jacques