'martian' working, many thanks; now how to PPP on F13?

Many thanks for the enormous work on the 'martian' driver; it is now working well according the 'dmesg' et cetera. I'm not sure the best way to do a basic AT command query anymore (minicom doesn't seem to want to run but it does not seem to have been worked on very much), but I figure if the driver says it's OK, I should probably be going to PPP anyhow. This brings me to my question: how in the world do you do PPP over POTS on Fedora 13?!!!??? I did a whole lot of searching for docs, found lots of requests but no info. Lots of things have changed in the ten years since I last set up PPP over POTS on Linux!!! I would love to either keep NetworkManager or wicd, but I thought I should consult wiser heads before moving on, especially when the RT*M method did not come up with anything clear.

J.E.B.