Re: Joe Philbrook, USA Xubuntu Karmic 2.6.31-21-generic

RE external modem for occassional usage
Note that if you  use a cellphone, there are several that can be used
as a wireless modem.
There is typically some small added charge on top of your regular cell
phone usage.
But check with your cellphone service provider.

MarvS