Re: Etienne France kernel 2.6.26-2-686

Jean

RE: > As I wrote,  I 'm still using the 2.9.9 version
>From http://linmodems.technion.ac.il/packages/smartlink/ download the
SLMODEMD.gcc4.1.tar.gz
Under Linux unpack it with:
   tar zxf SL*.tar.gz
Move into the new folder
   cd SLMODEMD.gcc4.1
Look around
   ls

Acquire root status
   su root
If necessary, kill any running slmodemd with:
   /etc/init.d/sl-modem-daemon stop
cp slmodemd  /usr/sbin/slmodemd

Check the version
   slmodemd --version
if should now show 2.9.11
Activate the modem:
   /etc/init.d/sl-modem-daemon start

You should try an ordinary dialout before testing fax, setting up the
/etc/wvdial.conf file as previously described,
AND  adding  a line
Carrier Check  =  no
to /etc/wvdial.conf

MarvS