Re: Etienne France kernel 2.6.26-2-686

Hi Marv,

2009/12/3 Marvin Stodolsky <marvin.stodolsky@xxxxxxxxx>:
> Jean
>
> RE: > As I wrote,  I 'm still using the 2.9.9 version
> From http://linmodems.technion.ac.il/packages/smartlink/ download the
> SLMODEMD.gcc4.1.tar.gz
> Under Linux unpack it with:
>   tar zxf SL*.tar.gz
> Move into the new folder
>   cd SLMODEMD.gcc4.1
> Look around
>   ls
>
> Acquire root status
>   su root
> If necessary, kill any running slmodemd with:
>   /etc/init.d/sl-modem-daemon stop
> cp slmodemd  /usr/sbin/slmodemd
>
> Check the version
>   slmodemd --version
> if should now show 2.9.11

OK

> Activate the modem:
>   /etc/init.d/sl-modem-daemon start
>
> You should try an ordinary dialout before testing fax, setting up the
> /etc/wvdial.conf file as previously described,
> AND  adding  a line
> Carrier Check  =  no
> to /etc/wvdial.conf

DONE

But, when I try :
# wvdial

I get systematically NO DIALTONE (even I am connected on the analogic
line) and Icannot ear any modem sounds.

I don't know how join to you the result of the command wvdial in a
file but I copy here the wvdial.conf file if could help :

[Dialer Defaults]
Init1 = ATZ
Init2 = ATQ0 V1 E1 S0=0 &C1 &D2 +FCLASS=0
Modem Type = Analog Modem
ISDN = 0
New PPPD = yes
Phone = 0860905019