Re: Etienne France kernel 2.6.26-2-686

Jean,

Once there is the modem activation with:  /dev/ttySL0 -> /dev/pts/0
Leave slmodemd running and open a 2nd console or TAB to to the testing.
The modem should be found by root command
# wvdialconf

Then to prepare for a dialout
# gedit /etc/wvdial.conf
putting in your personal information and removing the symbols  <  > ;
Try a dialout with:
# wvdial

Note that the driver occassionally dies.  Do
Ctrl-C
to kill slmodemd.  Unload the driver
# modprobe -r snd-intelx0m
reload
# modprobe snd-intelx0m

and again activate the modem.

MarvS

Separately, I'll send you some info on fax usage.