Re: Ubuntu

Forrest,

Here is why we ask for what we ask:

Modem =  /dev/ttyHSF0     is  WRONG

Modem = /dev/ttySHSF0 is CORRECT (of course only for a Conexant HSF chipset).

In addition, unless I am now completely senile, this wvdial.conf was NOT generated by wvdialconf because

wvdialconf would have done it correctly.

The instructions are very clear:

1-  run once    sudo wvdialconf /etc/wvdial.conf

2- Edit /etc/wvdial.conf for the username, password and phone number

3- and connect using    sudo wvdial

What I really cannot understand is how can it be that you heard the modem dialling if the modem is not correctly defined.

Jacques

Antonio Olivares wrote:

Forrest,