Ubuntu

When I booted up this time the modem did dial and I heard the operator
recording -not sure what it was. When it finished booting I tried wvdial
and got the same result, it said I had no valid phone number -password
etc. Just for grins I tried gnome-ppp and it dialed again and this is
the log file.

Check permissions, or specify a "PPPD Path" option in wvdial.conf.
--> Don't know what to do!  Starting pppd and hoping for the best.
--> Unable to run /usr/sbin/pppd.
--> Check permissions, or specify a "PPPD Path" option in wvdial.conf.
--> Don't know what to do!  Starting pppd and hoping for the best.
--> Unable to run /usr/sbin/pppd.
--> Check permissions, or specify a "PPPD Path" option in wvdial.conf.
--> Don't know what to do!  Starting pppd and hoping for the best.
--> Unable to run /usr/sbin/ppp

I don't know what to do with wvdial config because it shows the
passwrods-username -phone  etc is  there and I do not know how to check
permissions or specify a pppd path.

Thanks