Re: Jan, South Africa, 2.6.27-7-generic, Agere on Jaunty

Marvin;
I did as follows:

dadisboss@MARVIN:~$ sudo /etc/init.d/pulseaudio stop
[sudo] password for dadisboss:
* PulseAudio configured for per-user sessions
dadisboss@MARVIN:~$ sudo wvdial
--> WvDial: Internet dialer version 1.60
--> Cannot open /dev/ttyAGS3: No such file or directory
--> Cannot open /dev/ttyAGS3: No such file or directory
--> Cannot open /dev/ttyAGS3: No such file or directory
dadisboss@MARVIN:~$ sudo mv /etc/X11/Xsession.d/70pulseaudio /root/
dadisboss@MARVIN:~$ sudo update-rc.d -f pulseaudio remove
Removing any system startup links for /etc/init.d/pulseaudio ...
  /etc/rc1.d/K15pulseaudio
  /etc/rc2.d/S50pulseaudio
  /etc/rc3.d/S50pulseaudio
  /etc/rc4.d/S50pulseaudio
  /etc/rc5.d/S50pulseaudio
dadisboss@MARVIN:~$ asoundconf unset-pulseaudio
dadisboss@MARVIN:~$ /etc/pulse/client.conf:autospawn =3D no
bash: /etc/pulse/client.conf:autospawn: No such file or directory
dadisboss@MARVIN:~$ gedit /etc/pulse/client.conf
dadisboss@MARVIN:~$ sudo gedit /etc/pulse/client.conf
[sudo] password for dadisboss:
dadisboss@MARVIN:~$ sudo wvdial
--> WvDial: Internet dialer version 1.60
--> Cannot open /dev/ttyAGS3: No such file or directory
--> Cannot open /dev/ttyAGS3: No such file or directory
--> Cannot open /dev/ttyAGS3: No such file or directory
dadisboss@MARVIN:~$

Hope this is what was intended.  John W

----- Original Message ----- From: "Marvin Stodolsky" <marvin.stodolsky@xxxxxxxxx>