Re: Jan, South Africa, 2.6.27-7-generic, Agere on Jaunty

John,

Try again after a reboot, but first verify that the drivers are loaded with:
$ lsmod | grep agr
$  ls -l  /dev/ttyAGS3

It is loading of the drivers agrmodem and agrserial which creats the
/dev/ttyAGS3
If you have installed the agrsm-tools.deb package , then
$ sudo agrserial
will suffice to do all, through a test
$ sudo wvdialconf

MarvS