Re: Humble request for an updated slamr driver for Ubuntu 9.04 ( 2.6.28-11-generic )

Shannon,

Put in the PCtel modem , and run scanModem again.
It will advise on the software to test with.

These modems are supported by Pctel software

PCI ID (x)  Name                                       Chip(set)      HAL
~~~~~~~~~~  ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~  ~~~~~~~~~~~~~  ~~~~~~~
134d:7890   PCtel HSP MicroModem 56                    PCT789T-C1     pct789
134d:7891   PCtel HSP MicroModem 56                    PCT 789T       pct789
134d:7892   PCtel HSP MicroModem 56                    PCT 789T-A     pct789
134d:7893   PCtel HSP MicroModem 56                    S911 K017      pct789
134d:7894   PCtel HSP MicroModem 56                    FT13           pct789
134d:7895   PCtel HSP MicroModem 56                    PCT789T-C1     pct789
134d:7896   PCtel HSP MicroModem 56                    PCT789T-C1     pct789
134d:7897   PCtel HSP MicroModem 56                    PCT789T        pct789
13f6:0211   C-Media CM8738                             CM8738         cm8738

while
the HSP56 MicroModem 688T
 have support through the Smartlink software, slamr.ko driver plus
slmodemd helper.

MarvS