Re: problem in dns when connecting dial up

Navid,

Being unable to reuse the modem in a single session is a known problem
with the slamr  driver, since a kernel change some time ago.
Which driver are you using?

With respect to being unable to intially get slmodemd function,
try shutting down as many other functions as possible.
$ cat /proc/interrupts
or running
./scanModem
will show which IRQ sharings may be cogent.
Modem isof  the lowest priority under current Linux.  After  bootup do
$ dmesg > dmesg.txt
Browsing dmesg.txt will show that PCI modem hardware is among the last
configured.

MarvS