Re: John Curwood, New Zealand kernel 2.6.27-7-generic

Hi Marvin,

I started with the line you sugested which created a log file in my home directory, however I could not access the file. It said I didn't have the permissions, so I couldn't cut it copy it or paste it unless it was into files within my home directory. I also tried opening it with gedit, and I tried archiving it. All of which failed due to lack of permissions meaning I couldn't transfer the file to a windows os where I can access the internet. So what I did was to copy and paste data from the terminal window into a text file (called slmodemlog), this wasn't easy as so much data was produced that the terminal window filled up and overflowed before I could stop the process to copy the readout. so the file contains bits and pieces that I was able to copy with a gap of a few lines in between each snippet. I hope that helps, if not are you able to tell me how to gain access to the propper log file so I can send it to you.
Regards,

John Curwood

Marvin Stodolsky wrote:
Start with:

$ sudo slmodemd -c NEW_ZEALAND  --debug 1 --log --alsa hw:0,6
Then try the dialout as before. Send us the logfile produced.

MarvS