Re: John Curwood, New Zealand kernel 2.6.27-7-generic

John,

The successful:
---------------
$ sudo slmodemd -c NEW_ZEALAND
> --alsa hw:0,6
> SmartLink Soft Modem: version 2.9.11 Feb 22 2009 09:37:12
> symbolic link `/dev/ttySL0' -> `/dev/pts/2' created.
> modem `hw:0,6' created. TTY is `/dev/pts/2'
> Use `/dev/ttySL0' as modem device, Ctrl+C for termination.
---------------
uses the already loaded snd-hda-intel  audio+modem driver

$ sudo wvdialconf  /etc/wvdial.conf
should find the modem.

Edit in your personal info with:
$ sudo gedit /etc/wvdial.conf