Re: Fwd: further help requested

Hi Mark,

That sounds like a plan... serial modems are much less of a hassle than
anything else, since they don't need drivers.

You can leave in the internal modem if you wish (it shouldn't cause any
problems) but if you can get a refund for it (or get them to exchange it
for a serial port card) then you'll have saved a few $.

To remove the drivers, just delete the agrmodem.ko/agrserial.ko files in
/lib/modules/2.6.24-19-generic/extra, and copy the backup
snd-hda-intel.ko in /root/ back to its old location in
/lib/modules/`uname -r`/sound/alsa-driver/pci/hda/ (rename/delete the
existing one, which is bad)

Hope that helps,
Bjorn.