Re: Fwd: further help requested

Ah yes, your architecture will do that- I missed that in your original
message, sorry about that!

Are you running a 64 bit version of Linux? If so, I'm afraid you'll be
out of luck for this modem, since the proprietary core is compiled only
for x86. (You can, however, switch to a 32-bit install if you wish, and
it should work there.)

There are THEORETICAL ways to get the driver working on 64 bit systems,
but they would require someone with a lot of time/programming/assembly
skills, so they remain untested to date. (or someone with enough power
to persuade LSI to make an x86_64 compile of their code!)

If you are already on a 32 bit install, you will need to follow the
steps to build your own driver here:
http://linmodems.technion.ac.il/packages/ltmodem/11c11040/HOWTO-Agere-11c11040-HDA.html
Let me know how it goes- I'll do my best to help you get it working!
Bjorn.