Re: faxing - ModemData.txt Attached

David,

How can I know what you mean by "YOUR regular driver" ?? We (linmodems) do not have ANY hsf driver.
You probably mean the native HSF driver downloaded from Linuxant!

You ask : "will you tell me how to set it up for faxing?"
Are you asking ME as if I was part of Linuxant? I am NOT, again.
If this is what you had in mind, write to support@xxxxxxxxxxxx

Linuxant is a private commercial body. Linmodems exists as a organisation of unpaid volunteers.

If you ask me as volunteer, how can I answer without knowing which faxing software you intend to use?

As a general rule, your faxing software should work automatically once configured for a modem at /dev/ttySHFS0 . If you cannot find how to configure the faxing software, you can create a link to /dev/modem which is likely to be the default device for the faxing software.
The Linux console command to do that is:

ln -sf /dev/ttySHFS0 /dev/modem

Jacques

David Rodriguez wrote:
Hi,

Why are you telling about the Dell driver? I told you in my last email
that your regular driver works in dialup in my computer.

Also, when I do pay for the full license, will you tell me how to set
it up for faxing?

from,
David