Re: Anita Kuno, Canada, kernel 2.6.20-15-generic

Thank you, Antonio, I tried both of your suggestions with no effect.

Thank you though, I appreciate the help,
Anita.

Antonio Olivares wrote:
\begin{wvdial.conf}
So then I tried this:
 [Dialer Defaults]
 Init1 = ATZ
 Init2 = ATQ0 V1 E1 S0=0 &C1 &D2 +FCLASS=0
 Modem Type = Analog Modem
 Baud = 460800
 Modem = /dev/ttySL0
 ISDN = 0
 Phone = 7054579564
 Password = XXXXXXXX
 Username = XXXXXXXX@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx #this
 information I obtained by logging into irc and evaluating my personal
 information.  Thought I would give it a try.
 Carrier Check = no
\end{wvdial.conf}

Modify the following line

 Init2 = ATQ0 V1 E1 S0=0 &C1 &D2 +FCLASS=0

change it to

 Init2 = ATQ0 V1 E1 S0=0 X3 &C1 &D2 +MS=90
or
 Init2 = ATQ0 V1 E1 S0=0 X3 &C1 &D2 +MS=34

and hope that does it.  Otherwise please report back to the list.

Regards,

Antonio