Re: Josh Crawford, Australia, Slackware 12.0, kernel 2.6.21.5-smp

On 02/02/2008, Marvin Stodolsky <marvin.stodolsky@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Joshua,
>
>    Please send to the List, not direct to me and do not have your
> modem type.  I just add useful responses/URLs into scanModem.  Hugo is
> most expert with this modem and Alan acquired the Suse code variant
> from LSI/Agere.

Sorry about that. This is the first time I've participated in a
mailing list since switching to gmail. I should have paid attention to
the To: field.

> 1) You might be able to change IRQs by moving the modem card to a
> different PCI slot, or by setting the IRQ  in the BIOS if it supports
> that action.

I was hopng there'd be an option I could use with the driver. I'll
switch slots later today and let you know how it goes. There's no
setting like that in my BIOS that I've noticed, but I'll have a
another look when I reboot next.

> 2) It would be interesting to exchange the agrmodemlib.o between the
> two packages, and check functionality effects.

I'll try this later today also. I'm currently in the middle of a bunch
of downloads that have piled up during the downtime.

> 3) Since Hugo has function with agrsm package under a Ubuntu 2.6.22,
> you could try progressively upgrading your kernel to assess where the
> code breaks under Slackware. Thus you might be able to do a code fix
> needed for Slack kernels

That'll be a lot of compiling and rebooting. I'll do it after the
weekend, when I have more time on my hands.
--
Joshua Crawford ... http://geocities.com/mortarn

http://www.emailcash.com.au/join.asp?refer=G84381
Emailcash - Free rewards for shopping online