Re: Josh Crawford, Australia, Slackware 12.0, kernel 2.6.21.5-smp

Joshua,

Your current Slackware installation will likely also boot with a 2.6.18 kernel
Under it you can test from
http://phep2.technion.ac.il/linmodems/packages/ltmodem/sv92/
test suse-10-2a.tar.gz
Its Agere code is actually more recent than that of the Agere package.
But it doesn't compile (as yet) beyond 2.6.18 kernels.
But if supports your modem, it can likely be worked up to recent kernels.

Please test and report back.

MarvS