Re: Josh Crawford, Australia, Slackware 12.0, kernel 2.6.21.5-smp

Joshua,

   Please send to the List, not direct to me and do not have your
modem type.  I just add useful responses/URLs into scanModem.  Hugo is
most expert with this modem and Alan acquired the Suse code variant
from LSI/Agere.

1) You might be able to change IRQs by moving the modem card to a
different PCI slot, or by setting the IRQ  in the BIOS if it supports
that action.

2) It would be interesting to exchange the agrmodemlib.o between the
two packages, and check functionality effects.

3) Since Hugo has function with agrsm package under a Ubuntu 2.6.22,
you could try progressively upgrading your kernel to assess where the
code breaks under Slackware. Thus you might be able to do a code fix
needed for Slack kernels

MarvS