Re: ModemData

Jaques,

I`m sorry for the delay in my response. I haven't had the opportunity
to anwser as soon as you do. I also haven't had success cofiguring my
modem. The
hsfmodem_7.68.00.04full_k2.6.22_14_386_ubuntu_i386.deb.zip
driver I downloaded from Linuxant didn't installed since it says that
the version is older than that provided by the
hsfmodem_7.68.00.04full_k2.6.22_14_386_ubuntu_generic_i386.deb.zip
version wich is currently installed.
I also attach the myproblem.txt file you recommended. This file was
actually written by hand since the
sudo wvdial | tee myproblem.txt
instruction just generated and empty file.

I hope this may be of any help solving my problem.
Greetings
Leonardo

2008/1/18, Jacques Goldberg <Jacques.Goldberg@xxxxxxx>:
> Leonardo,
>
> Having seen nothing from you after the following message, may I ask you
> if we can consider your problem as solved?
>
> Jacques
>
> Jacques Goldberg wrote:
> > Leonardo,
> > I repeat my request.
> > In your first mail to us you wrote
> > "but when I try to
> > finally dial up an error message is displayed."
> >
> > WHAT IS THE ERROR MESSAGE?
> >
> > You have sent /etc/wvdial.conf below.
> > Is THAT the file with which you are trying to dial?
> > I mean, are THESE the lines Phone, Password and Username which you use?
> >
> > Can you please do this:
> > sudo wvdial | tee myproblem.txt
> > This will create the file myproblem.txt
> > Please send us that file.
> >
> > Jacques

WvDial<*1>: WvDial: Internet dialer version 1.56
WvDial<*1>: Initializing modem.
WvDial<*1>: Sending: ATZ
WvDial Modem<*1>: ATZ
WvDial Modem<*1>: OK
WvDial<*1>: Modem initialized.
WvDial<Err>: Configuration does not specify a valid phone number.
WvDial<Err>: Configuration does not specify a valid login name.
WvDial<Err>: Configuration does not specify a valid password.