Re: ModemData

Leonardo,
Can you please tell me the complete name of the driver file which you got from Linuxant? As far as I know (I am NOT associated with Linuxant in any way) the SmartCard is not supported by versions older than hsfmodem_7.68.00.04full_k2.6.22_14_386_ubuntu_i386.deb.zip in the case of their HSF modem which probably corresponds to theit
	hcfpcimodem_1.14full_k2.6.22_14_generic_ubuntu_i386.deb.zip
version for your HCF modem.
Is this the file which you have used?
Did you use a file coming from Linuxant of from elsewhere?

Jacques

Leonardo wrote:
Hi,

I hope you can help me to configure the correct driver for my Conexant
chipset pci modem.

Mine is a Creative Modem Blaster V.92 pci modem DI5633
I`m running Ubuntu Linux 7.10.
I installed the hcfpcimodem driver provided as free by Linuxant but I
don't think it is working.
When running the wvdial dialer it apparently recognizes the modem at
ttySHCF0 port and generates the wvdial.conf file but when I try to
finally dial up an error message is displayed.

Thanks for any help on setting the correct driver.
Leonardo,
Mexico City