Re: ALI 5451

Daniel,

1-There is NOTHING to be touched nor done with ppp

2-In case you have not done it already (you write that you dialed out so if you could for example browse the Web, there is nothing more to be master with wvdial either):
 After having started slmodemd -c USA --alsa -s hw:0,1
which you should not stop before you want to stop using the modem, as super user ( = root), with command su to become root:
wvdialconf /etc/wvdial.com
Edit /etc/wvdial.conf
Remove the three ; , the three < , and the three > in the area where you set the phone number, username and password given to you by your ISP, and replace the names of these 3 variables (which were inside < >) by their values.
 Add one line:
Carrier Check = no
Exit the editor.
You will not need to do ANYTHING ELSE in this file until you want to change the ISP variables or have more than one ISP.

Start wvdial every time you want to start a modem session and do not stop it before you want to stop the session.

slmodemd and wvdial are stopped with typing CTRL-C

Enjoy your modem

Jacques

Daniel Victoria wrote:
It worked!! I was able to dial out using the config you mentioned.
Thanks a million!!

Now I just need to learn how to master wvdial and the ppp part

Cheers
Daniel