Re: Debian Etch and Hamlet Silver Surfer 56K-V92 USB

RE: /dev/ttySL0 is not present in my system.
Please read the section of Smartlink.txt on automation
The devices & ports should be dynamically created, if all is working properly

Attach the USB modem.  Then
$ ls  /dev/slusb0,   /dev/ttySL0  , /dev/pts/*

If /dev/slusb0  is not there. manually
$ su root
# mknod /dev/slusb0  -m 600  -c 241 0
( check that 241 is correct, I'm not under linux now)
This will also be done by rerunning only the
# make install
again
# ls  /dev/slusb0
to verify.
Then

# slmodemd -c ITALY /dev/slusb0
should creat the
   /dev/pts --> /dev/pts/N

MarvS

PS  Rerun scanModem and send us the new ModemData.txt , so we can see
what scripts were installed by the sl-modem-daemon package. Install it
if you haven't already.