Re: neighbor table overflow

On 10/23/07 16:27, Marco C. Coelho wrote:
Is there a way to probe the kernel to find out how big the neighbor table is on a regular basis? Without making a smoking hole of course.

Other than querying the ARP cache, I'm not aware of any thing. I'm sure there is a way with in the kernel to see how many entries are in the ARP cache, but I am the wrong person to ask.

BTW, Traffic shaping is also controlled via Radius.

*nod*

It's actually pretty happy on a single processor, single core AMD 3000 with 1.5 G of RAM (it was not happy with 512K!!!). I've actually got a new Dual Core, Dual Processor box loaded and ready to place in production, but would like to fix this problem first. Unfortunately it takes between a week and a month for the problem to surface.

Good. It is nice to see Linux doing some things that Cisco and others tried to dominate for so long.

I'm working on it, but time is slim today (but not me)!

I wonder if you can turn up debugging on your OSPF daemon to see who / what is being advertised.

Grant. . . .