Re: neighbor table overflow

On 10/23/07 16:10, Marco C. Coelho wrote:
This box is doing a lot. It terminates 1000 PPPoE connections, provides traffic shaping using TC/HTB, authenticates all users via Radius. It also runs OSPF routing for the internal network. Looking at a simple route output I see all the PPP connections coming through the box, and due to the OSPF I also see the rest of my network announcements. The only strange things are:

That's just a few things to do on one box. How well is it handling it if I can ask (aside from the problem that you are working on)?

1. The last man working on this box had mistakenly edited the hosts file and added the machine name and complete domain name to the local host 127.0.0.1 name. It should only be pointed to the eth0 interface. I have changed this.

Dough!

2.  The route output is making an announcement

64.0.0.0 argontech.net 255.0.0.0 UG 20 0 0 eth0

My public IP space is a /20 within that space, not the whole Class A. I have not found which box is announcing this within my network yet.

I would think that you could extract that information from OSPF, or at least the system that is advertising and work backwards until you find the ultimate culprit.

Grant. . . .