Re: neighbor table overflow

On 10/23/07 06:56, Alexandru Dragoi wrote:
What about checking your routing table? you may have link routes for massive subnets (like 85.0.0.0/8 or 140.20.0.0/16). Some programs prefer to use "standard" netmask of classes A and B.

I'm betting that the OP has other things going on seeing has how s/he mentioned PPPoE, which to my knowledge is a layer 2 protocol, and thus not subject to typical routing scenarios. In essence the OP could have thousands of PPPoE connections terminating on one system with the ARP cache having to deal with where to send traffic to which MAC address. There is not a lot of room for routing in such a scenario.

Grant. . . .