Re: Load Balance and SNAT problem.

On 6/27/2007 4:09 AM, Peter Rabbitson wrote:
Something along these lines, yes. Except that instead of a packet-counter there is a resettable timer, that gets reset anytime a matching packet comes in. When the timer goes over a specified limit - gateway is dead.

I think this is usually called / treated as a (time until) "Dead (Counter) Time" as in the timer counts down and as soon as it hits zero, the item is considered dead. Any time something passes through and refreshes it, the time to live is placed in the (time until) "Dead (Counter) Timer".

This would be a manual task for the administrator, there is no place for this in-kernel.

Agreed.

I will state that I think you are asking for a bit much, but you are free to ask for what ever you want to, or are willing to code your self. ;)

Grant. . . .