Re: Load Balance and SNAT problem.

On 6/26/2007 9:14 PM, Mohan Sundaram wrote:
I remember that route balancing has an option to perform per packet balancing and not per connection. If that were to work, then route cache would not be used IMHO.

Interesting. Do you have any idea where I can get some more information regarding this?

Per packet balancing is normally not done as it would break connections especially in NAT'ted scenario.

Keep in mind that NATing is not the only place that load balancing is used. I call to mind my recent thread "Redundant internet connections" (http://mailman.ds9a.nl/pipermail/lartc/2007q2/021015.html) where I had globally routable IP addresses in side the DMZ. I could have used per packet load balancing with out a problem except for the fact that I specifically wanted to not use the backup connection unless the primary was down.

Grant. . . .