Re: Load Balance and SNAT problem.

Grant Taylor wrote:
First and foremost: It did not cover the reason "... route caching will kill ..." to my satisfaction like you indicated.

Can you elaborate on this? My only issue with the kernel route balancing is that route caching can not be disabled entirely, so traffic to the same site will leave via the same channel, regardless if the other channel is empty or not. I know that it is technically possible (kernel option CONFIG_IP_ROUTE_MULTIPATH_RANDOM), but it will work only for globally routable addresses, while breaking NAT badly.

The reason I made my bold, as you call it, statement, is because 90% of the time when someone is doing NAT, it is for a tightly joined group, with similar interests - hence a lot of traffic duplication. For instance if every user listens to the same online radiostation - how would you work around it?

Let me know your thoughts

Peter