Re: Load Balance and SNAT problem.

Salim S I wrote:
The caching is per destination and source ip. TOS, fwmark and input
interface too, if present.

Interesting... It definitely did not work in my scenario though. I am going to test this again in the near future, and if you are right I will rest my case.

Routing with netfilter does not solve cache problems anyway, cache will
still be present, and it will be consulted before routing tables are
hit.

This is true for locally generated traffic only. Any incomming/forwarded traffic can be controlled in the PREROUTING, thus the cache is never consulted.

Both solutions work pretty well; there are die-hard fans for both of the
above approaches. Recent archives of lartc have lot of discussions on
it.

I am actually simply jealous that some people apparently get it to work in-kernel, and I can't seem to. My requirements are pretty simple:

o As transparrent as possible DGD, that can detect 2nd and 3rd hop failures
o Robust load balancing - connections are distributed over all available links, regardless of source and destination, with the possibility of assigning relative channel priorities o NAT compatible - link hopping is not an option, traffic with a specific SRC/DST must stay where it started.