Re: Shaping of pppoe clients

Kenneth Kalmer wrote:
> The keyword here is "better", and that was my argument for using a
> bridge in the first place. It would appear to be easier to shape &
> filter away from the messy scripts of pppd & radius servers, but this
> raises the next issue. For the bridge, is the pppoe sessions
> identifiable using say source & destination ips, as opposed to pppoe
> traffic... I know if I perform a tcpdump on the interface that I
> connect to my adsl modem I only see the traffic as pppoe... Logic
> tells me that the bridge would suffer the same consequenses...
Yes, that was my concern too. Maybe someone else on the list that has
already
went trought this may share the experience.
I will test it as soon as I get my hands on a spare machine ;-)

--
regards,
Georgi Alexandrov

key server - http://pgp.mit.edu/ :: key id - 0x37B4B3EE
key fingerprint - E429 BF93 FA67 44E9 B7D4  F89E F990 01C1 37B4 B3EE