Re: Shaping of pppoe clients

Georgi Alexandrov wrote:
Kenneth Kalmer wrote:

The keyword here is "better", and that was my argument for using a
bridge in the first place. It would appear to be easier to shape &
filter away from the messy scripts of pppd & radius servers, but this
raises the next issue. For the bridge, is the pppoe sessions
identifiable using say source & destination ips, as opposed to pppoe
traffic... I know if I perform a tcpdump on the interface that I
connect to my adsl modem I only see the traffic as pppoe... Logic
tells me that the bridge would suffer the same consequenses...

Yes, that was my concern too. Maybe someone else on the list that has
already
went trought this may share the experience.
I will test it as soon as I get my hands on a spare machine ;-)

I would have thought you can do it with u32 on ip or mac address.

Look up ethertype(s) for pppoe and then give it as the protocol number for the tc filter - I assume ipheader will start 8 bytes after eth payload - never played with pppoe, though.

Andy.