Shaping of pppoe clients

Guys

After reading through the archives I found some insightful ways to be
able to shape traffic to pppoe clients from the server. I have two
questions on the topic of setting up a pppoe server however...

1. The clients will all be connected to each other using a normal
ethernet network, the segments connected with managed switches. The
capacity is roughly 500 nodes. Will these pppoe sessions interfere
with each other or not?

2. I'd like to know if anyone has tried to shape pppoe client traffic
by placing a transparent bridge between the servers and clients, and
shaping on this bridge. I'm just testing the water here, after what I
read in other threads it will be easier to just use a set of carefully
crafted ip-up & ip-down scripts with pppd rather than the bridge. But
nonetheless, opinions are always needed.

Thanks guys

--

Kenneth Kalmer
kenneth.kalmer@xxxxxxxxx