Re: HTB is nor fair when 'borrowing? *bug* in HTB or some coincidence?

Użytkownik Andy Furniss napisał:
I tried with your rc.shape script on my LAN using scp. I couldn't get the bash to work - it looks to me like it will only set one user. But I

Did you launch it passing argument in "" or ''? ./rc.shape "4 5 6" is quite far different than ./rc.shape 4 5 6

hardcoded my settings in it and checked with tc -s class ls dev eth0 that my 2 classes existed.

I dont get it: you prepared two classes for two PCs which is equivalent to "t5" on my graph which shows that HTB acts PERFECT in such conditions.

I SCPd a file from gateway to 2 PCs and thay were shaped OK and came in second perfect. It was the same for 500,1000 and 5000 ceils. The 500 test took 15 mins.
So I don't really know whats going on for you.
Andy.

Try the same using 3 classes and stress it with 2 PCs only (each class has rate=1/3 of max bw and ceil=max bw. You will se that first class will get from HTB almost TWICE as much as secound one one!

-josh

p.s.
I made same test on other network with other PCs and different kernel version and it was the same...