Re: HTB is nor fair when 'borrowing? *bug* in HTB or some coincidence?

pljosh wrote:
Ed Wildgoose wrote:

Hmm, interesting. Can you switch the order of your IP mappings around on this test so that you can prove that it is some feature of HTB that user1 always gets more bandwidth, and no something about that machine (ie if you swap ip's for user1 and 3 that it still remains (the new) user1 who gets all the b/w?

Obviously this should not be so, just curious to eliminate other possibilities

Ed W

I did it already. When I set filter to direct 192.168.3.4 packets to 1:60 and 192.168.3.6 to 1:40 then lines on my graph switch: now blue is over red...
The same switch happens when i set higher prio of 1:60...
So it means than when two classes at the same level have same "prio" then class with lower minor id has higher priority than classes with lower minor id... So there is no possibility to set them to be equal when borrowing occurs.

Now I am in trouble as I am writing my thesis and I wanted to show in my paper that HTB is excellent to share BW between users... what am I to write about this case?

BTW: maybe someone could repeat my experiment? Maybe it is something wrong with my hadrware or some unbelievable coincidence?

I just tested with my script and also see a 5-8% advantage for the lower handle class.

I wouldn't call it a bug though - HTB is written for high traffic setups and trade off needs to be made between perfect behaviour and CPU usage and you say it gets better with more classes.

Andy.