Re: [LARTC] squid with 2 gateways

Kert?sz Viktor wrote:

 > I would like to know if there is a way I can set up squid or any proxy to
 > use different gateway if the downloaded object is bigger than 2M for
 > example. I know the lartc docs where I can split up two uplinks but the fact
 > is different here. I know that it sounds bad anyway :)

get latest squid 2.5
and see in squid.conf

#  TAG: tcp_outgoing_address
#       Allows you to map requests to different outgoing IP addresses
#       based on the username or sourceaddress of the user making
#       the request.
#
#       tcp_outgoing_address ipaddr [[!]aclname] ...
#
#       Example where requests from 10.0.0.0/24 will be forwareded
#       with source address 10.1.0.1, 10.0.2.0/24 forwarded with
#       source address 10.1.0.2 and the rest will be forwarded with
#       source address 10.1.0.3.
#
#       acl normal_service_net src 10.0.0.0/255.255.255.0
#       acl good_service_net src 10.0.1.0/255.255.255.0
#       tcp_outgoing_address 10.0.0.1 normal_service_net
#       tcp_outgoing_address 10.0.0.2 good_service_net
#       tcp_outgoing_address 10.0.0.3
#
#       Processing proceeds in the order specified, and stops at first fully
#       matching line.
#
#Default:
# none

and next acl type

#       acl aclname rep_mime_type mime-type1 ...
#         # regex match against the mime type of the reply recieved by
#         # squid. Can be used to detect file download or some
#         # types HTTP tunelling requests.
#         # NOTE: This has no effect in http_access rules. It only has
#         # effect in rules that affect the reply data stream such as
#         # http_reply_access.

and some heuristic

text/plain, text/html, image/gif - small object
other big

+ lartc.pdf 8-) as "ip rule/route" howto

--
Every time I lose weight, it finds me again!