Re: [LARTC] squid with 2 gateways

Dear Vitya,

 : I succesfully set up linux box with two gateways but I've got a strange
 : request. I should set up a box with two gateways. One gateway for huge
 : downloads and one for the other traffic. I suspect that it is
 : impossible but i ask you if you think so. I read squid's docs but I
 : haven't found any infos in this subject. Thanks!

This is a common question here at LARTC!  There are many ways you can take
advantage of multiple connections to the Internet.

I'd recommend reading up on split access and multiple connections to the
Internet.

  http://lartc.org/howto/lartc.rpdb.multiple-links.html
  http://linux-ip.net/html/adv-multi-internet.html

This should provide you some explanation of the tools that you'll use to
implement a split-access solution.

I do not know if there's an easy way for you to identify the big downloads
before they happen, so this may not be the ultimate solution for your
application.  Regardless, the tools and concepts described here should be
a good starting point for you.

Good luck,

-Martin

--