Re: Tracking KVM development

I've looked at libvirt a bit, and I fail at seeing the attraction. I
think I will stay with plain qemu-kvm, unless there are some very
compelling reasons for going down the libvirt route.

Virsh (uses libvirt) is almost irreplaceable for us...
How do you start and stop virtual machines easily, get a list of the running ones... How do you ensure a virtual machine is never started twice? (would obviously have disastrous results on the filesystem) How do you connect on-demand to the graphics of the VM from your laptop, with a good security so that only the system administrator can do that? (virt-viewer provides very easy support for this, tunnelling VNC graphics over SSH, you connect by specifying the name of the host and the name of the VM... just great!)

If there is another way I'm interested, in fact libvirt also brings problems to us mainly because it takes a while to support latest KVM features, and also installing libvirt from source and configuring it properly for the host first time is much more difficult than for KVM sources.

Thank you