Re: Boot fails with Unexpected/invalid #address-cells/#size-cells in device tree

On Mon, Aug 20, 2012 at 9:48 AM, Jessica Allison
<jessica.allison.2012@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>> Date: Wed, 15 Aug 2012 16:20:12 +0100
>> From: marc.zyngier@xxxxxxx
>> To: jessica.allison.2012@xxxxxxxxxxx
>> CC: peter.maydell@xxxxxxxxxx; kvmarm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
>
>> Subject: Re:  Boot fails with Unexpected/invalid
>> #address-cells/#size-cells in device tree

>> > When my kernel boots with the rtsm_ve-cortex_a15x2.dts device tree I see
>> > the following error which, I assume, is related to the pl111 not working?
>> >
>> > clcd-pl11x: probe of 1c1f0000.clcd failed with error -22
>>
>> That's one of the many problems. I have a really ugly workaround in one
>> of my branches that allows the frame buffer to be used, but that patch
>> will not go anywhere near mainline:
>>

>> http://git.us.kernel.org/?p=linux/kernel/git/maz/arm-platforms.git;a=commitdiff;h=de81b299148b84548fe6c563d8d70dcfddf3145c;hp=edf2c53a89824cb5752d42b89997ae8bc96dcff8
>>

> With the current kernel on the Fast Model simulator, which is the fastest
> configuration for booting a host+guest? From MMC or NFS or initframfs? Which
> would be the best practice configuration?

initramfs is by far the fastest.

best practice depends on what you want to do I guess. Both MMC and NFS
are useful, but it becomes slow on the fast model, which can be helped
somewhat by using virtio, but it's still highly experimental (some
patches are floating around there somewhere).