Re: Boot fails with Unexpected/invalid #address-cells/#size-cells in device tree

> Date: Wed, 15 Aug 2012 14:35:58 +0100
> Subject: Re: Boot fails with Unexpected/invalid #address-cells/#size-cells in device tree
> From: peter.maydell@xxxxxxxxxx
> To: jessica.allison.2012@xxxxxxxxxxx
> CC: kvmarm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
>
> On 15 August 2012 14:06, Jessica Allison
> <jessica.allison.2012@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > [bootwrapper] ERROR: Unexpected/invalid #address-cells/#size-cells in device
> > tree
> > [bootwrapper] BOOT FAILED
> >
> > I use the bootloader from
> > http://git.linaro.org/gitweb?p=arm/models/boot-wrapper.git;a=summary
> > I use the arm-dts from http://linux-arm.org/git?p=arm-dts.git;a=summary -
> > downloaded a snapshot from 2012-07-09.
> >
> > Any idea why my system is not booting up?
>
> ARM device tree blobs recently moved from having #address-cells / #size-cells 1
> (ie 32 bit addresses and sizes) to 2 (ie 64 bit addresses and sizes). It
> looks like boot-wrapper still assumes 32 bit addresses:
>
> http://git.linaro.org/gitweb?p=arm/models/boot-wrapper.git;a=blob;f=semi_loader.c;h=66775279185f35096008e7f7af34760486c67ba5;hb=ad44d2cc6569a6f54fd23b69937b042c49d7ffd1#l114
>
> -- PMM

Yes, when I quickly remove that check in the code, it boots up just fine.

Is there already a way to boot up a full graphical user environment on the FastModel simulator with the KVM on ARM kernel?
I use http://git.kernel.org/?p=linux/kernel/git/maz/arm-platforms.git;a=summary for my kernel and the system boots fine into a root shell.
Is there a kernel driver for the LCD by now, and included in the device tree?

Jess