Re: Boot fails with Unexpected/invalid #address-cells/#size-cells in device tree

On 15 August 2012 15:45, Jessica Allison
<jessica.allison.2012@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Yes, when I quickly remove that check in the code, it boots up just fine.

Good (although we should probably do a proper fix and make sure
we handle 64 bit sizes correctly in the following code).

> Is there already a way to boot up a full graphical user environment on the
> FastModel simulator with the KVM on ARM kernel?
> I use
> http://git.kernel.org/?p=linux/kernel/git/maz/arm-platforms.git;a=summary
> for my kernel and the system boots fine into a root shell.
> Is there a kernel driver for the LCD by now, and included in the device
> tree?

Graphics via the pl11x should work fine, but I don't think anybody has
actually tested because the effect of stacking KVM on top of the Fast
Model means it would run pretty slowly. Try getting it running with
plain QEMU on x86 first, then the same kernel config should behave
the same on KVM.

-- PMM