Re: fubared keyboard, howto fix?

Gene Heskett wrote:
On Monday 27 September 2004 13:14, James Richard Tyrer wrote:

Gene Heskett wrote:

Greetings;

Fooling around in the 'control center' in the keyboard
interpretation stuffs, I seem to have managed to get things a bit
akilter.

The most noticeable gotcha now is that the first press of the  key
immediately left of the return key, which on a US_EN keyboard
contains the characters ' in the lowercase, and " in the shifted
mode, is ignored unless the space bar is given a tap immediately
after.  This is apparently a global setting as it effects mozilla
et all too.

So what do I specifically turn off to disable such behaviour?

You have probably selected: US English w/dead keys.

Simply go back to the "Keyboard Layout" KCM and change it.

Humm, now Ie set it for nodeadkeys, but as you can see the 'v is missing above because I didn't hit the spacebar. This is totally screwing up my typing style, not that I had any in the first place, but...

Now I've gone back to the plain US keyboard and its still fubar.

I suggest that you delete:

	~/.kde/share/config/kxkbrc

and restart your KDE session.  This should return you to the default setup.

--
JRT