Re: fubared keyboard, howto fix?

Gene Heskett wrote:
Greetings;

Fooling around in the 'control center' in the keyboard interpretation stuffs, I seem to have managed to get things a bit akilter.

The most noticeable gotcha now is that the first press of the key immediately left of the return key, which on a US_EN keyboard contains the characters ' in the lowercase, and " in the shifted mode, is ignored unless the space bar is given a tap immediately after. This is apparently a global setting as it effects mozilla et all too.

So what do I specifically turn off to disable such behaviour?

You have probably selected: US English w/dead keys.

Simply go back to the "Keyboard Layout" KCM and change it.

--
JRT