Re: Need help with collateral damage after migrating from 2.5.10 to 3.0.13 on Ubuntu

2021.09.08. 15:51 keltezéssel, Michael Menge írta:

So for your information:
the Output of "ctl_mboxlist -d" contains
the mailbox name, if it is a local or remote mailbox, the partition (or server and partition for a remot mailbox), and acls for each user that has acls on that mailbox.

user (for users owned mailboxes) and DELETED (for delayed deletion of mailboxes "delete_mode: delayed" in man imapd.conf ) are special prefixes,
all other mailboxes are shared folders.
I did read something about unique user id's (new in 3.0 or something) and thought, maybe ACLs use the old simple username and maybe that's why I don't see anything, because I don't have proper ACLs, so I tried reapplying ACLs again (didn't help obviously)
The hash in the DELEDTED mailboxname is the times that the mailbox was deleted (unixtime in hex)
to allow multiple mailboxes with the same name to be deleted.
Thanks, I didn't know that. I usually never delete mailboxes.

See "expunge_mode: delayed" in man imapd.conf
I know about that, using it on the other server.

Are the old mails (from before the upgrade) in the same location?
Yes. I didn't move anything. (Or what exactly do you mean by same location?)