Re: Need help with collateral damage after migrating from 2.5.10 to 3.0.13 on Ubuntu

Quoting Kővári János <bsh@xxxxxxxxxxx>:

2021.09.08. 14:22 keltezéssel, Michael Menge írta:

I don't see any real errors. Do you see any errors starting/restartin cyrus?
those logs span across a shutdown and restart. That is all I can see. No errors in syslog or daemon.log. I think it works just fine just doesn't find the mails.
You have two cyrus partitions, 1. "default" where the mails are stored in /var/spool/cyrus/mail and 2. "servername" where the mails are stored in /mnt/data/cyrus/mail "ctl_mboxlist -d" will output the list of mailboxes with the partition name. Does the partition name match with the place where the mails are stored?

Here's the output of that command:

./ctl_mboxlist -d
DELETED.user.test.6137A695      0 servername test        lkxca cyrus   lrswipkxtecda
Megosztott      0 servername cyrus       lrswipkxtecda   anyone lrswipkxtecd
Trash   0 default anyone        lrs     cyrus   lrswipkxtecda
user.myusername        0 servername cyrus   lrswipkxtecda myusername     lrswipkxtecda
user.myusername.Archiv 0 servername cyrus lrswipcda myusername lrswipkxtecda
user.myusername.Archiv.2005    0 servername cyrus lrswipcda myusername     lrswipkxtecda
user.test       16 (null)

So for your information:
the Output of "ctl_mboxlist -d" contains
the mailbox name, if it is a local or remote mailbox, the partition (or server and partition for a remot mailbox), and acls for each user that has acls on that mailbox.

user (for users owned mailboxes) and DELETED (for delayed deletion of mailboxes "delete_mode: delayed" in man imapd.conf ) are special prefixes,
all other mailboxes are shared folders.

Here, as you see, I also created a new user "test" (after the upgrade) and it was working. Deleted it as you see. But there's a hash in it, but not in other user. folders. Isn't that the problem? I read about this new hashing thingy but I just got confused. I thought it is just in the index files or something?

The hash in the DELEDTED mailboxname is the times that the mailbox was deleted (unixtime in hex)
to allow multiple mailboxes with the same name to be deleted.

The imap error log shows a delivery to user/myusername.
Can you find the message file on the filesystem (/var/spool/cyrus/mail/<HASHDIR>/user/myusername) or (/mnt/data/cyrus/mail/<HASHDIR>/user/myusername) where "<HASHDIR>" is the first character in "myusername"

And can you see the mail in your mail client?

yes, the file is there with the correct time stamp, and i also saw it in my client (Thunderbird) from remote. It was an internal message from the system that it was rebooting. However, I deleted the message, yet it is still is there and not in Trash. (which I don't see in my client either.)

See "expunge_mode: delayed" in man imapd.conf

Are the old mails (from before the upgrade) in the same location?

Michael Menge                          Tel.: (49) 7071 / 29-70316
Universität Tübingen                   Fax.: (49) 7071 / 29-5912
Zentrum für Datenverarbeitung mail: michael.menge@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Wächterstraße 76
72074 Tübingen