Re: [Marketing Mail] Re: Need help with collateral damage after migrating from 2.5.10 to 3.0.13 on Ubuntu

Quoting Kővári János <bsh@xxxxxxxxxxx>:

2021.09.08. 14:38 keltezéssel, Jim Wallis írta:

This may be a red herring, but I notice you have hashimapspool on, there are some new hash options available in some later releases, it might be worth reviewing the various options in case the default changed. I don't know much about hashing because I leave it off, but when I first attempted to create a new server hashing was on by default and I was scratching my head over how to copy the directories from the current spool to it (I reconfigured with hashing off). Anyway, my point is if the hashing has changed, your spool directory structure will be different.

I found something about it (but only after trying to figure out what went wrong) here:

https://www.cyrusimap.org/3.0/imap/download/upgrade.html#upgrade-in-place

it says, if those three options are like that, then no in-place upgrade is possible. (Why doesn't the ubuntu upgrade process check that?)

I do have hashimapspool and unixhierarchysep, but I don't specifically have fulldirhash enabled (didn't even know about that) and the documentation says it is off by default. So I think I didn't meet those three conditions, but maybe I'm wrong.

do you have a dot in your username?

This is due to a change in how directory hashes are calculated for users whose localpart contains a dot

if yes that would be a problem, if no you should be fine

Michael Menge                          Tel.: (49) 7071 / 29-70316
Universität Tübingen                   Fax.: (49) 7071 / 29-5912
Zentrum für Datenverarbeitung mail: michael.menge@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Wächterstraße 76
72074 Tübingen